Sunday, March 03, 2019

Conversation With A Bouquet Of Roses From My Garden

So this is a little something I wrote as an assignment during my first writing class.  The object was to sit down and just write a conversation with anyone or anything.  I had just planted my first Rose Garden and there was a bouquet of them just sitting on my desk just looking smug. All of the pictures in the post are flowers that came from my garden.  I hope you enjoy it.


Me: Gee you came out pretty.

Roses: Of course I did.

Me: You don’t have to be so conceited about it.

Roses: I’m a plant I don’t know what that means.

Me: You’re a plant but you know how to be sarcastic?

Roses: I don’t know what that means either.

Me: I don’t believe this, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Roses: No, I don’t. Up until today, no one has ever talked to me like this. In fact, why ARE you talking to me like this?

Me: Now you’re just toying with me.

Roses: I still don’t know what you’re talking about.

Me: Aw, forget it. But, gee, you really did turn out pretty.

Roses: Well, thank you.

Me: (eye roll) now you say thank you.

Roses: NOW who’s being sarcastic?

Me: (straight face)

Roses: Let’s move on… Why do you think I’m so pretty?

Me: For many reasons really, first, I arranged you in a nose gay; it’s my favorite arrangement.

Roses: Why is it your favorite?

Me: Well, I love color, and I love flowers, so it gives me the most of what I love about flowers, more of you I suppose.

Roses: You know or you suppose? Which is it?

Me: You’re doing it again.

Roses: Sorry.

Me: I’ll let that pass.

Roses: What else? Continue…

Me: Also, you remind me of my mother. I miss her, and you help me remember her fondly.

          Roses: Does she live far away?

          Me: No. She’s no longer with us.

         Roses: Oh, she moved out?

         Me: No. She passed on.


Roses: Oh, I see, like she passed on- moving in with you, and moved into her own place?

Me: No! She’s taking the great dirt nap!

Roses: Well I take a dirt nap every day, it’s really quite lovely…
Me: NO! NO! (face in palm) She’s dead OK? My mom is dead! Her favorite flower was a rose. A BEAUTIFUL, PINK ROSE. Although YOU’RE not looking so beautiful to me right now.

Roses: I remind you of your dead mother? Pardon me but I don’t feel very flattered by this!

Me: Ya know what? Forget I said anything. In fact, I don’t even think it was roses that my mom liked, it was pink camellias, that’s it. Pastel pink camellias!

Roses: Aww, now don’t be like that.

Me: No, she only liked roses because they were more COMMON.

Roses: HEY! There’s no need to get insulting.

Me: How could you know what an insult is? You didn’t even know what sarcasm was a few minutes ago.

Roses: I’m a fast learner. Have you seen how fast I grow a bud?

Me: You’ve got a point.

Roses: Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot, can’t we just be friends?

Me: Only if you apologize.

Roses: I will…. Just as soon as I learn what that means…










1 comment:

Rosemary said...

That was terrific! I could actually picture you having the convo too. 😊🌹