Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Computer Geek Husband

Having a computer geek for a husband has led me to broaden my horizons.  If it were not for Richard, I would have never become the computer savvy person I am today. 

The direction my career has taken is, in fact, largely due to Richard getting online over 13 years ago and finding Beautytech.com.  This lead to networking with thousands of other nail technicians like myself who were not satisfied with the lack of education available in our field.  Today, I work with one of the top leaders in the industry.  But more on that later...

I have a new found love listening to music, books, magazines, articles, pod casts etc. on my iPod.  Again, computer geek hubby totally to blame for this new obsession.  However it also has practical value.  I keep up on my bible reading and studies.  I've also become a techno nut and keep up with current technology thanks to TWIT.com and Leo Laporte and his motley crew of podcasters. 

I knew when I met Richard on May 16, 1995 that we would be in each other's life for a long, long time.  Perhaps something inside knew we'd spend our lives together.  NEVER did I suspect that I'd be married to a geek!  But who knew I had an inner geek waiting to emerge. (Proven by my latest app download for my iPod Touch called "Phone Saber".  It enables fellow iPod Touch and iPhone users to engage in a Light Saber Duel complete with sound effects and optional Light Saber Colors!)

The reason I bring up my computer geek husband is that he is the very reason I have this blog.  The very reason you get to read my inner most thoughts and what I find interesting and humorous.  Thank you Richard! Love you... ;)

1 comment:

NJMoleman said...

Always and forever, Lil' Girl